Thailand is famous for its smiling, friendly people, beautiful and idyllic beaches, and satisfyingly spicy food. The Thai people love a bit of spice with their food, and almost everything they consume seems to be laden with chilli and other spices. If you are a fan of the Sriracha hot chilli sauce, you may want to try making it yourself at home; and it is quick and simple to do and can give you an authentic taste of Thailand on your dinner table. Below is a simple recipe you can follow that is authentic and delivers the true taste of Thailand.
The Ingredients You Will Need
One of the best things about this recipe is that you do not need to get lots of ingredients, and the recipe below will make around one cup of Sriracha sauce. Below is everything you will need.
- 150g of Red Spur Chilli’s
- 10 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Cup of Distilled (5%) Vinegar
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
You also will not need much in the way of equipment to make your Sriracha sauce, and the basic things you will require are as follows:
- A Chopping Board
- A Sharp Knife
- A Small Saucepan
- A Strainer
- A Blender
- An Airtight Container for your Sauce
Making Your Sauce
- You will want to start by rough cutting your chillies and add these to your saucepan. You will then want to peel your garlic, crush the cloves, and add these to the pan as well. You will then want to add enough vinegar to the chilli, and the garlic is fully covered and bring this to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the garlic is soft.
- Once the garlic is nice and soft, you will want to transfer the mixture from the saucepan into your blender. You need to blend the mixture until it is smooth, but if you do not want your sauce to be too hot, you will want to remove some of the seeds before putting the mixture in the blender.
- You will then need to pour the mixture from the blender into a sieve and strain it while putting it back into your saucepan. You can use a spatula to push down on the liquid and ensure you get as much of it as possible into your saucepan.
- Put the mixture on medium heat and add the salt and sugar until it starts to simmer. Remove from the heat and taste your sauce, adding seasoning if it requires it.
- Pout the mixture into your airtight container, and store it in the fridge, where it should last for a few months.
You can also see a video of how to make the recipe above by clicking here, and you can enjoy an authentic taste of Thailand in your home.